We want to be your partner in preparing your child to take on the world. We have found that the more involved parents are, the better we can customize their child’s educational experience. This would be a great section to bookmark, as it includes many important links, resources, and other information you will access often.
Access our technology platform for student and family engagement, all in one place. The StudentVUE portal provides quick access to realtime information from a web browser or mobile app.
- Class Schedule
- Class Websites
- Report Cards
- Course History
- and more!
We pride ourselves in staying in constant communication with our parents and students. We offer a variety of communication methods so our families can stay up-to-date regarding school events and activities. Please immediately contact the front office if you experience any issues receiving school communication.
The school, administration and teachers will heavily use e-mail to communicate with families. At a minimum, parents should look for e-mail correspondence on a daily basis to ensure information is not missed. Additionally, the school provides 3rd-12th grade students with an Office365 account so they can also receive e-mails.
On occasion the school will leverage text messaging to remind families of upcoming events and activities or to notify them of critical situations (emergency school closures, etc.).
- Text messages from Desert Heights will be received from the 23177, 53291, 63079 or 82932 short code. We recommend saving these numbers for reference.
- To opt-out from receiving text messages, text “STOP 8962900” to any of the short codes listed above.
- To opt-in to receive text messages, text “SUBSCRIBE 8962900″ to any of the short codes listed above. Please note that only the #1 and #2 parent/guardian on file for each student can opt-in to text messaging, and these contacts must have a valid mobile phone number on file in our system. Please confirm your student’s information and make changes as needed in ParentVUE.
Note: Depending on your cellular plan, message and data rates may apply.
We use voice messaging as another method of communicating with our families when needed. Calls from the school will be generated from our main phone line (602-896-2900).
We leverage many social media sites so don’t forget to follow us!
- Desert Heights Charter School (K-4) Social Media
- Desert Heights Preparatory Academy (5-12) Social Media
*Note: Additional sites exists for DHPA clubs and activities. Please ask sponsors for additional information.
Drop off/Pick up
To ensure the safety of our students, staff and other community members, we ask for patience and cooperation during arrival and dismissal times. Click the appropriate grade level for a copy of the map designating drop off and pick up locations per campus.
Our volunteers play a very important role here at Desert Heights!! We encourage our families and community to get involved! We have many opportunities for those that wish to volunteer, whether it be in the classroom, assisting in the cafeteria, playground, or front office. We also encourage parents to participate in the planning of our many community events.
Interested? Volunteers and Chaperones must complete the following items, and turn them into the front office to be eligbile.
- Chaperone Training Powerpoint
- Student Health Powerpoint
- Chaperone Application (completed each year)
- CPR Certification (needs to be on file)
- AZ Background Check OR AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card (needs to be on file)
At DHPA, parking passes are sold on a first-come first-serve basis to juniors and seniors only. All student drivers must have a Desert Heights Preparatory Academy Parking Permit for the current school year to park in the dirt lot across the street. Students are to still follow the same guidelines and expectations of parking on site.
Lockers are not required but are available to 5th-12th grade students for a fee. Students have an annual locker lease option of $30.00/year or if desired can purchase a locker for their lifetime at DHPA for $50.00. Please contact the DHPA front office to obtain a locker for your student today!