Welcome to the community resource center! We hope to utilize this area to provide our families with relevant health and wellness information as it relates to COVID-19. Please do not hesitate to contact any of our schools if you have any questions.
Desert Heights strives to create a safe and supportive learning enviorment for its students and staff. If a parent has any questions, the parent can email COVID19concerns@dhschools.org. A district or campus based representative will follow up with the parent regarding the received report and continue contact tracing data collection.
Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) has provided a helpful tool called the Home Isolation Decision Maker Tool. If you have questions about whether your child should isolate at home, this tool can help.
The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) recently updated their COVID-19 isolation and quarantine guidance. Under the new guidance, students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate for 5 full days and may return to school after day 5 if they are fever free for 24 hours, have improved symptoms and are required to wear a mask for an additional 5 days. Quarantining for those that are exposed will be a personal choice unless student or staff is symptomatic. If student or staff is having flu or COVID-19 like symptoms, stay at home!
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, stay at home and follow the Home isolation guidance
- Email the school’s Covid Response Team at the following email address and wait for further guidance firstname.lastname@example.org
- If students or staff have been identified as a close contact or have been recently exposed to COVID-19, it is recommended that you take precautions.
Please review the information below “What to do if you were exposed to COVID-19"
Students having flu like or symptoms consistent with COVID-19, will be required to be picked up from school immediately.
If you have tested positive or are showing symptoms of COVID-19, isolate immediately.
About Being Exposed to COVID-19
If you were exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 or have been told by a healthcare provider or public health authority that you were exposed, here are the steps that you should take, regardless of your vaccination status or if you have had a previous infection.
After Being Exposed to COVID-19
- Immediately wear a mask as soon as you find out you were exposed
- Start counting from Day 1
- Day 0 is the day of your last exposure to someone with COVID-19
- Day 1 is the first full day after your last exposure
- 10 Full Days
- You can still develop COVID-19 up to 10 days after you have been exposed
Watch for symptoms
- fever (100.4°F or greater)
- shortness of breath
- other COVID-19 symptoms
If you develop symptoms
- isolate immediately
- get tested
- stay home until you know the result
If your test result is positive, follow the isolation recommendations, stay at home and contact the schools COVID response team at email@example.com
We encourage our families to use this site as a reference of different COVID-19 testing locations in Maricopa County.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.